Monday, April 24, 2017


Healthy Greek Spinach & Kale Dip 


This is from a recipe by Kouzouna's Kitchen. I started out by slowly cooking 2 chopped onions in some olive oil. Next, in stages, I added to it, the 16 oz of fresh spinach and kale leaves from the box at the store. It took a while to get them all in, as I first had to wait for one batch to wilt before adding another. After it had cooled a little, I processed it in my mini-Cuisinart. I took half, and stashed it away in small containers for another time. The rest of the mixture became the dip. 


As I have to be careful what I eat (which is why I process leafy greens like spinach), I did have to make some substitutions. I left out the Parmesan cheese, used creamy whole-milk yogurt instead of Greek yogurt, and used some leftover paneer (Indian cheese) instead of cream cheese. I put it away, and heated it in the oven the next day. Spectacular! It was so warm and comforting, whether with homemade pita chips or with the breadsticks from earlier.



No comments:

Post a Comment