Sunday, September 3, 2017


Sookha Veggie "Keema" 
(made from store-bought veggie crumbles)

I made this based on Julie Sahni's recipe for ground meat Keema in Indian Regional Classics. It's basically the veggie crumbles, spices, green peas, and tomato. I realized I didn't have any tomatoes (canned or fresh), so I used leftover frozen tomato paste, instead. It worked! Here it is featured on toast.

I had been told to eat more protein, and advised to try veggie burgers from the store. I eventually decided on these crumbles, which have protein from different sources that's supposed to be "complete." I'd never made any version of Keema before, and it seemed appropriate. It's nice to have an additional protein source, that's useful for new recipes! (You could also use crumbled-up veggie burgers from the store, or crumbled-up falafel, vada, or other similar legume dishes.)


2 comments:

  1. Yummy! I make something similar with finely chopped onions and some Indian spices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, your version sounds good too!

      Delete