Sunday, June 10, 2018


Mango Cake

This was based on the One-Bowl Mango Cupcakes of Vegan Richa. Any subs or additions I made, were included in the recipe: making it into a cake, and using all-purpose flour, cornstarch, and an extra 1/8 tsp baking powder. As you can see, it didn't rise much, so next time I'll use more baking powder (in addition to the leavening from baking soda and vinegar), as suggested. However, after I first tasted it, I realized how much I liked it ... it reminded me of pumpkin pie (without the crust), but with mango flavor. 

(Vegan Richa later kindly suggested that the use of additional flour would help with this.)

I used canned Kesar mango pulp, which added color and flavor (and vitamins? ). It was also very thick, and I think that contributed to the pie-etude of this cake. I look forward to making this cake again ... maybe it will be cake, and maybe like pie, but either way, it will be a treat! 

I have both of Vegan Richa's cookbooks, but somehow, I haven't cooked from them, yet. I've only made recipes from her website. It's just so fun! 

Vegan Richa Website, One-Bowl Vegan Mango Cupcakes


No comments:

Post a Comment