Sunday, January 29, 2017


Chivda (Indian Snack Mix)


This is my version of chivda (Indian snack mix). I was inspired by Tickling Palates Instagram photo of last Oct. 25 and her recipe for Cornflakes Mixture/Corn Flakes Chivda, as well as by MadhurasRecipe Marathi on YouTube. I used an organic "frosted flakes cereal" that's a little sweet, but works well here, as well as kettle-cooked potato chips (40% less fat). First, I pan-roasted a cup of aval/poha (beaten flat rice) and some ground cashews in a little oil, with some turmeric, onion powder (as I didn't have hing/asafetida), salt, and sugar. Next, I mixed in the cereal, and then potato chips. It was delicious!  Salty and sweet, with a little something else, and also crunchy.


Tickling Palates Website, Cornflakes Mixture Recipe 


MadhurasRecipe Marathi YouTube, Patal Pohe Chivda 


MadhurasRecipe Marathi YouTube, Bhajake Pohe Chivda



No comments:

Post a Comment