Monday, October 17, 2016



Zucchini Tomato Sauce with Pita Bread 


The veggies are part of another simple yet delicious dish that my grandma used to make. It’s just chopped zucchini and chopped tomatoes, cooked together with some olive oil. If you like, you can add some onions to the oil first and fry them, before adding the other ingredients. Add some salt to taste, and that’s all. This time, I included some dried Italian herbs mix and basil. (Don’t hesitate to use canned tomatoes if that’s what you have.)

Underneath the veggies is a toovar dal cutlet (but that’s a different story, and I didn’t manage to get a picture of that) for protein. 


Accompanying these, is a half pita, toasted, that I break up into my own version of pita chips. It’s fat-free, and good for scooping up the veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment