Sunday, October 29, 2017


Cheela Taco Shell 
with Pulao (Rice Pilaf) Filling

For the first time, I participated in #tacotuesday on Instagram. This "taco" is made of a protein shell, in the form of a Cheela, and a carb filling, from Pulao. The Cheela is like an Indian crepe, made with a chickpea-flour batter (which I leave to ferment for a few hours so it's lighter). When I'm ready to cook, I add the seasonings, which here were grated fresh ginger, onion powder, turmeric, pav bhaji masala, and salt. I use only a little oil for the Cheelas, and this time, I covered them while cooking. I didn't measure anything except the chickpea flour, but I liked the results, so I guess it turned out okay. 😉 The Pulao is an Indian rice pilaf, with green peas, carrots, and cauliflower, that I made a couple days ago. I was glad to finally be part of this Tuesday special! 

No comments:

Post a Comment