Thursday, October 12, 2017


Havuç Çorbasi 
(Turkish Carrot Soup)

This is a lazy version of Havuç Çorbasi, Turkish Carrot Soup. The original recipe, from Claudia Roden's The New Book of Middle Eastern Food, calls for carrots to be cooked very well in stock with salt, sugar, and cinnamon, and put through a blender or food processor. I just cooked it very well in water.  

The next step is to separately make a bit of a white sauce, add egg yolks, and then carefully add it to the soup, to thicken it. However, I tend to just skip all this, and mix in a whole egg, right into the soup (like egg-drop soup). I'd roasted some carrots in the oven a few days ago, so I added in the last few here, along with some cilantro, and a bit of scrambled egg.

Accompanying the soup, are some Plain Harcha (Moroccan Galettes/Biscuits), made from the recipe of My Moroccan Food. The meal was light but with a nice flavor. 

My Moroccan Food Facebook

My Moroccan Food Website, Plain Harcha/Zaatar & Black Olive Harcha



No comments:

Post a Comment