Wednesday, November 22, 2017



Aloo Palak Dal 
(Spiced Potato Spinach Lentils)

This is based on the recipe of Vegan Richa. This was the first dish (vs individual veggies) that I made in the Instant Pot.

I left out the garlic and green chili, and used red lentils/masoor dal. I made the lentils first; when they were done, I stirred them, and they completely fell apart. (This was based on the advice that Vegan Richa had kindly given me.) While they were cooking, I cooked, on the stove, some canned tomatoes with spices, and I also cut up potatoes. (I included an extra potato.) I had thawed some pureed spinach which I'd frozen before.

Eventually, everything was added to the Instant Pot, and cooked according to the recipe. I did add a bit too much water, I think. However, the results were very warm, homey, and comforting in the cold weather, accompanied by a toasted half-pita bread.

Vegan Richa Facebook

Vegan Richa Website, Instant Pot Aloo Palak Dal


No comments:

Post a Comment