Sunday, November 12, 2017


Carrots

These were steamed in the Instant Pot for about 4 minutes. I waited after that about 10 minutes, before releasing the rest of the pressure and opening it. This was almost a pound of carrots (minus the one that looked bad). I also like to roast carrots in the oven ... but then, they always get a little overdone in spots, in order for them to be cooked enough. I don't mind, but thought I would try steaming for a a change. It worked well, and the carrots were done enough for me. (I can't eat veggies unless they're very well-cooked. I often just boil them in water, as soup, for that very reason.) Now, how shall I eat them? ... The other day, I mashed some with Paneer (Indian cheese) and salt, and used it in a sandwich.

2 comments:

  1. The carrots came out so fresh tasting that my grandkids (who don’t like veggies) quickly devoured them. Making another batch now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so glad you (and your grandkids) liked them! Thanks for letting me know. :-)

      Delete