Sunday, November 12, 2017




(South Indian Potato-Veggie Dumplings)

I based this mostly on the recipe in Julie Sahni's Classic Indian Vegetarian and Grain Cooking. I used leftover instant mashed potato here. However, instead of just mashed potato, I also included frozen mixed veggies, defrosted and steamed in the microwave, and then put through a food processor. After the potato and veggies were mixed together, I dipped small portions in a chickpea-flour batter. These are usually deep-fried, but I cooked them in an ebelskiver pan. The dumplings were a little watery, so they weren't crispy, but I didn't care! I fried the leftover batter, too. Why not? 




2 comments:

  1. Looks good! One of my favorite snack foods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I only made it once before, but ate it with a friend, and so have nice memories of it, too.

      Delete