Wednesday, April 25, 2018




Greek Stewed Green Peas

This was from the recipe of Mia Kouppa. Recently, I made a version based on this recipe, using every shortcut that could make it easy (as I was pretty tired) ... which made it less like the recipe. However, it was so easy, and so tasty, that it made me feel better.

I decided to make it again, this time "by the book," and stuck pretty close to the recipe. Well, half a recipe. I found that when I defrosted a bag of frozen peas in the microwave, all the ice/water seemed to have evaporated, and so they didn't need to be drained. That bag was equal to about a half-recipe.

As you can see here from pics 1 and 2, I enjoyed them with rice. They were also good with pasta. I liked it with an omelette on the side. I think it might also be good mixed into some egg as part of an omelette, or as a frittata if you also mixed in spaghetti or other similar noodles with the egg and veggies. Well, however you serve it, I found it warm and comforting.

Mia Kouppa Website, Stewed Green Peas

No comments:

Post a Comment