Saturday, February 24, 2018


Greek-style Stewed Green Peas

This was based on the recipe of Mia Kouppa. I kept thinking how nice this would be, which meant I should make it! 😉 However, I was too tired to follow the recipe properly, so I made some "adjustments": frozen chopped mirepoix (onion, celery, carrot) and frozen peas-and-carrots; frozen chopped cauliflower instead of potato; no tomato sauce at home, but leftover canned diced tomatoes were handy. 

I didn't defrost/drain any frozen veggies, or drain the tomatoes. I just remembered what my mom said to do when something has too much liquid: Cook a bit extra, uncovered, until the liquid evaporates.

It was either make the dish this way, or not at all (with apologies to Mia Kouppa for not following their great recipe). (I guess I was really tired, and needed all those veggies!). Hopefully, next time, I could make it more properly. For this time, though, it was great!

Mia Kouppa Website, Stewed Green Peas

No comments:

Post a Comment