Sunday, July 23, 2017


Channa Dal with Tomato

This is based on a recipe of @theGutlessFoodie on Instagram. I was inspired by her dal/legume recipe and photo of July 3. However, for some reason, when I actually made it, I thought her recipe used channa dal rather than moong dal. I already had some dry ground channa dal that had been soaking for a couple of hours when I realized this, so I just decided to use it, anyway. I didn't have curry leaves, either, and had to leave out the garlic and green chilies (not good for me). And then I was using some leftover crushed tomatoes, and realized how much of it there was, only when I added it to the dal. The end result was good, but looked nothing like the original it was based on. Maybe next time! 

The Gutless Foodie Facebook 

@theGutlessFoodie Instagram, 3 July 2017



No comments:

Post a Comment