Saturday, February 24, 2018


Baked Instant Medu Vada 
(Indian Savory Dumplings)

This is a combination of the batter for Instant Vada from Herbivore Cucina, baked (but in a mini-bundt pan), according to the method for Baked Medhu Vada of My Kitchen Adventures [Suji's Kitchen].

The batter contains urad dal (legume) flour and rice flour, with some baking soda and seasonings. (I did add a pinch of baking powder that wasn't in the recipe, to make the batter lighter.) It's the use of these flours, rather than soaking and grinding the legumes and grain, that makes the batter "instant."

The original baking method used a doughnut pan, which I don't have. I figured a mini-bundt pan would suffice, instead. I think it worked rather well, if I may say so. 😉 The taste was yummy, and the Vadas were fairly light. Almost as good as winning the Super Bowl? 

Herbivore Cucina Website, Instant Dahi Vada 

My Kitchen Adventures [Suji's Kitchen] Website, Baked Medu Vada


No comments:

Post a Comment