Tuesday, February 6, 2018


Broccoli-Potato Pancakes

My grandma used to make this for me, although it didn't look exactly the same. She also called them "warm potato pancakes," as the potatoes are already cooked (vs "cold potato pancakes," in which grated raw potatoes are used).

I left out the egg she would've used , as it didn't seem necessary this time to bind the veggies together. I steamed cubed potatoes and frozen broccoli, and then mashed them together, added some salt, and left it in the fridge overnight. The next day, I mixed in some onion powder and rice flour, and fried the pancakes in oil (but not too much, so it wouldn't be too rich). Even with so few seasonings, they were a little sweet and a little spiced. Yum! 

One trick she used, was to fry some chopped onions in oil, and then fry the pancakes in that same oil. She did this, rather than add onions directly to the veggies. It was a more subtle onion flavor, that way. I didn't do that this time, but perhaps another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment