Saturday, February 24, 2018



(South Indian Savory 
Steamed Dumplings)

These were made from rava/sooji/farina (like Cream of Wheat), and steamed in an Instant Pot (not sponsored).

The idli batter is from the Rava Idli recipe of Nisha Madhulika , and is an "instant idli" (no long fermentation required, just a short wait of 20-30 minutes). I used the cooking instructions for the Unicorn Idli of Instapottin' with Poonam. The idli rack was a gift from my sister-in-law, and I was waiting to use it.

I enjoyed the first few Idlis with chutney powder, coconut oil, and whole-milk yogurt. What shall I make with the rest of my new stash of Idlis? Hmmm... 

Nisha Madhulika Website, Rava Idli Recipe 

Nisha Madhulika YouTube, Rava Idli Recipe - Soft & Spongy South Indian Suji Idli

Instapottin' with Poonam Website, Unicorn Idli

Instapottin' with Poonam YouTube, Unicorn Idli in the Instant Pot



No comments:

Post a Comment