Thursday, February 22, 2018


Khaman-Dhokla 
(Savory Baked Indian Cake)

This was from the recipe of Vegan Richa. This one is baked, but the recipe also gives instructions for steaming and microwaving. The original recipe calls for chickpea/garbanzo bean flour or besan, but I was almost out. Therefore, I used a dhokla mix from the store (a mix of ground dry rice and different legumes). I used dairy yogurt, as I tend to have it around and I'm not vegan; the original calls for vegan yogurt.

I liked that the recipe uses baking powder and baking soda, as I tend to have both around. I think that with the different base I started with, I might try a little more of either next time, to make it even lighter. However, I really liked this one, and was glad to have such a reliable and versatile recipe for Khaman-Dhokla!

Vegan Richa Website, Chickpea Flour Snack Cakes - Khaman Dhokla Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment