Saturday, February 24, 2018


Kulche Jawari (Afghan Corn Cake)

The recipe is from Afghan Desserts Made Simple, by Sina Abed. Inspired by @mamas._best_ 's recent post on Instagram, of Jawari (Corn Cake), I just had to make one. This seemed like a good, simple recipe, so I decided to try it.

I made only half a recipe, in a glass 9.5-inch round deep pie dish. I used masa harina (Latin American corn flour) instead of cornmeal, and added a pinch of salt, as well as a little extra milk. It took a while for the cake to start to rise, but it did bake in the 40 minutes the recipe said it would take.

The result was ... Yummy! The cake was light and flaky, and reminded me of Sfouf, a Lebanese cake with saffron. Next time, I might add a little saffron!

@mamas._best_ Instagram, 2 February 2018, [Jawari Corn Cake]

No comments:

Post a Comment