Thursday, September 21, 2017


Lauki Chana Dal 
(Zucchini Chana Dal Curry)

This was based on the recipe of Not Out of the Box. The original recipe calls for bottle gourd, but since I didn't have that, I substituted zucchini. It looks a bit different than her beautiful photos, as I first ground up dry chana dal, mixed that with a little water, and then let it sit for a few hours, before adding it to the veggies. (I did this to save time. Otherwise, I have to soak chana dal for twice as long as the recipe, cook it for twice as long, and then put it through a blender or food processor. If I don't, then I can't eat it.) The dish also includes fresh tomatoes. I made this last month, but just realized I hadn't yet shared the pic. Although it doesn't look exactly like the original, it was still satisfying and nourishing. 

Not Out of the Box Facebook

Not Out of the Box Instagram, Lauki Chana Dal (Bottle Gourd Chana Dal Curry)

Not Out of the Box Website, Lauki Chana Dal (Bottle Gourd Chana Dal Curry)


No comments:

Post a Comment