Friday, September 22, 2017


Quinoa Flakes Cheela 
(Indian Savory Pancake)

This was inspired by the Ground Oats Cheela from August 30, of The Gutless Foodie on Instagram. Instead of using ground oats, I used ground quinoa flakes (which I ground up in a coffee/spice grinder), along with mustard seeds and some spices. I was glad to find a use for the quinoa flakes (that I was advised could add some protein to my diet). It was a very delicious use, too. 

(I'm adding links here to the company that makes these quinoa flakes, in case anyone is interested.)


The Gutless Foodie Facebook

The Gutless Foodie Instagram, Ground Oats Cheela

Ancient Harvest Website, Quinoa Flakes

Ancient Harvest Website, How to Use Quinoa Flakes




6 comments:

  1. Looks good! May try with oats since there's some at home. Have quinoa but not quinoa flakes. Will let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! The original recipe is for oats, so that should work very well. Will look forward to hearing how it goes.

      Delete
    2. I didn't add enough spices, but it wasn't too bad. Definitely add more spices to make it flavorful next time. Made omelettes to go with them.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. Sounds yummy with the omelettes!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete