Thursday, March 22, 2018


Arepas
(South American Corn Cakes)

These were inspired by Arepa Sports.  I guess you could call these South American corncakes? They're made from a pre-cooked cornmeal, which in my supermarket was sold in the Baking aisle, near the masa harina corn flour.

Anyway, I think I made these too thick, as the inside was still soft. I put some pizza sauce on a couple, and put them in the toaster oven. If you put toast in this toaster, and walk away (or look away) for a couple of minutes, the toast will definitely burn to a crisp ... but the thick Arepas were safe from that.

I liked the combination of Arepas and sauce, but wonder if it's okay that the Arepas came out like that (thick, with the soft inside). I figured, it must be cooked, and also, the cornmeal is pre-cooked ... so it should be safe to eat. I'm glad I finally tried them, and after all, practice makes perfect! (Not that it must be perfect, but you get the idea.) 

Arepa Sports Facebook

Arepa Sports YouTube, How to Make Arepas

Arepa Sports YouTube, How to make an easy recipe - The Art of Making Arepas - Episode 18


No comments:

Post a Comment