Sunday, March 11, 2018



Healthy Carrot Soup

This was based on the recipe of Kouzounas Kitchen. I was inspired by her recent Instagram Live demonstration of how to make this soup. It was also convenient to try, after I had already steamed carrots in an oven-safe parchment bag. I wanted something simple and nourishing.

I made a much smaller batch than the recipe, with olive oil, chopped onions, the steamed carrots, some cumin and dried basil and mint, water, and salt. I also added some cinnamon, as I thought was mentioned in the Instagram Live video. I don't mind unblended soups, so I left it as it was; I added creamy whole-milk yogurt (not pictured), instead of coconut milk, which I didn't have. (The soup is supposed to be vegan, suitable for those observing Lent, and I thought maybe it wouldn't be nice to show off the dairy. )

The soup was warm and comforting. Hopefully I'll make it again some time soon, when I have coconut milk.

Kouzounas Kitchen Website, The Governor Olive Oil Review & Healthy Carrot Soup Recipe


No comments:

Post a Comment