Thursday, May 4, 2017



Devil's Food Chocolate Bundt Cakelets


These were based on the cake/cupcake recipe in Lauren Chattman's Mom's Big Book of Baking. The original recipe was supposed to make 2 cake layers, or 16 cupcakes, but my muffin tin is only for 12. I decided to try out my Nordic Ware bundtlet pans for only the 2nd time. I filled each space about halfway with cake batter, and ended up with 24 little cakes. I decided that next time, I might try 12 little cakes, and one round cake layer. 


I used whole-milk yogurt instead of sour cream, and a combination of coconut oil and corn oil (and less of it) in place of butter (too rich for me).


Well, the important thing is that now I can have a little chocolate for my sweet snack. Although I'm not a chocoholic, when I haven't had it in a while, I don't feel quite as well as if I have a little something chocolatey every day. They are pictured here with some confectioners sugar. Oh, and did I mention the cake is yummy, too?




No comments:

Post a Comment