Wednesday, May 3, 2017


Indian Spiced Potato Canapes, 

Bonda-style, 

with Mustard Ginger Tempering


The original recipe, from Vegan Richa, is for smashed potatoes, but she also included a "quicker version." I sliced a few potatoes, put them on a parchment-lined baking sheet, sprayed them with oil, and sprinkled salt on them. I baked them at 425 F for about 25 minutes. Meanwhile, I made the tempering, of oil, mustard seeds, chopped onion and ginger, salt, turmeric, cilantro, and a little water. I took the potatoes out, topped the slices with the tempering, and put them back to bake for a couple of minutes. When they were finished, I added a little fresh lemon juice to the slices I was eating just then. The potatoes were so good, that I ate several slices. A winner!





No comments:

Post a Comment