Sunday, May 28, 2017


  • "Best Blueberry Muffins" 

  • (with frozen wild blueberries)


  • This recipe was from Mom's Big Book of Baking by Lauren Chattman. The original recipe of these muffins calls for buttermilk, but I substituted with leftover whey (liquid) from making paneer (Indian cheese). I used oil in place of butter, as well. I've found that frozen wild blueberries tend to color muffin batter even more than regular frozen blueberries, but I really like wild blueberries, and when I'm tired I'd rather not bother with defrosting and draining the frozen ones. The taste isn't affected. These muffins are a little sweet, as I added some extra sugar; I figured, it couldn't hurt! The recipe calls for a generous amount of blueberries (= why I like this recipe). There ended up being extra batter, so I made a small blueberry cake in a cereal bowl, in addition to the muffins. These are nice for breakfast, or as a late-evening snack. 


No comments:

Post a Comment