Friday, May 26, 2017


Kolokithokeftedes 
(Greek Zucchini & Kale Baked Fritters)

These were from the recipe of Feel Good FoodieThis is a baked version of a traditional family recipe, and I think the long, slow baking really brought out the flavor and sweetness of the zucchini. I've really been enjoying these fritters! Yum. 

I didn't want to waste the water squeezed out of the salted zucchini (which there was a lot of!), so I heated it up and added some potato flour. I thought it would make a good sauce for the fritters, or a soup (with added water). (When I boil zucchini, I save the water to use for rice or soup, but sometimes I just drink it, because I really like it.)

I didn't have the spring onions or feta mentioned in the recipe, and I forgot the frozen homemade paneer (Indian cheese) that I was going to use as a substitute for the feta. And although I did squeeze out the water from the salted zucchini, as instructed, I didn't do quite enough; I added some breadcrumbs to dry it up a little. After I set out spoonfuls of fritter batter on a baking sheet, I sprayed them with oil. The cooking time in the recipe was good, but I added a few minutes on each side, as the fritter batter was a bit wet (due to my fault). The fritters were nicely browned, and even a little crispy. Mmmm... 

Feel Good Foodie Facebook

Feel Good Foodie Website, Zucchini & Kale Baked Fritters


No comments:

Post a Comment