Thursday, April 27, 2017


Boondi Raita 

(Yogurt with Crunchy Chickpea Puffs)


The other day, at the Indian grocery store, I got some boondi for the very first time. They are crunchy little fried puffs of chickpea flour, and these were spiced. I wondered what I could do with them, and found recipes for this kind of raita. I made the simplest version: Put some yogurt in a bowl, and stir until smooth; add some boondi and mix in; scatter some boondi on top, and sprinkle on a bit ground cumin. As I was eating this with leftover cheelas from yesterday, I didn't think it needed any salt or additional seasoning. (For more information on the cheelas, you can see my recent post, if you like .) I really enjoyed this raita with my meal. I put some leftovers in the fridge, and I also liked it later in the day. Very simple and tasty! 



No comments:

Post a Comment