Sunday, April 30, 2017


Veggie Kofta Curry "Meatballs" & Spaghetti


This is based on the Paneer Kofta Curry recipe from Archana's Kitchen. In place of the paneer (Indian cheese), I used (firm?) tofu, to make the veggie kofta meatballs. The package of tofu made so many, that after baking them, I put some away for another time. The rest were further cooked for a few minutes in an easy-to-make tomato curry sauce. It's not too spicy (unless you want it to be!), but is very satisfying.


I decided that this curry sauce would be very good on pasta. This got me to thinking about spaghetti and meatballs. I made spaghetti, and after draining it, added some of the curry sauce, cooking them together for a few minutes. 


If the sauce were thick enough, this dish could make a good meatball sandwich filling. If you break up the koftas into smaller pieces, it could even work as chili or sloppy Joes. A very versatile and delicious recipe!





No comments:

Post a Comment