Saturday, June 24, 2017


Hummus bit-Tahini 
(Garbanzo Bean Dip)

This dish is informally known as Hummus, and the version above is from the recipe of Madelain Farah in Lebanese Cuisine.

I learned from Joanne of Fifteen Spatulas in a YouTube video, that to get creamer hummus, you can take the skins off the garbanzo beans/chickpeas. I've long noticed that when I rinse canned chickpeas, the skins come off pretty easily while handling them; I just never knew how to use this valuable info. Now I do! I also heated the chickpeas in a pan with water, as I've heard that heating them helps, and the recipe called for some water. The water was necessary also for using an immersion blender. Anyway, I finally made hummus that was fairly creamy, so I was satisfied.

The recipe, which is very simple, calls for canned garbanzo beans/chickpeas. The only thing I left out was the garlic (what?!), as I can't have raw garlic. (Maybe some time, when I remember, I'll try it with roasted garlic, and see how that is.)

FifteenSpatulas Website, The Secret to *Really* Smooth Hummus

Fifteen Spatulas YouTube, The Secret to *Really* Smooth Hummus (Homemade Hummus Recipe)




No comments:

Post a Comment