Saturday, June 17, 2017


Egg Pita/Baida Pita

This was inspired by the Egg Parathas of Natasha, known on Instagram as @thegutlessfoodie. I started out with a little oil, and some cumin seeds and chopped carrot/onion/celery. Next, I added in a beaten egg, mixed with some salt, turmeric, and pav bhaji masala. I turned over a pita and added it to the pan upside-down, and pressed it in. I melted a little coconut oil on the side of the pita facing up. When the egg was done enough for me, I turned over the whole thing, and pressed the underside of the pita into the pan. The coconut oil made it somewhat brown and crispy. Very tasty! The one I made a couple of days later looked even better, but I cut it up and ate it before I could take a picture. 

@thegutlessfoodie Instagram, Potato & Egg Para-zone (as an example of Egg Parathas)



No comments:

Post a Comment