Sunday, June 4, 2017


Not-Quite-Sour-Cream Cornbread 
(with some honey)

This is based on the Sour Cream Corn Muffin recipe in Lauren Chattman's Mom's Big Book of Baking. Instead of sour cream, I used an equal amount of whey (liquid) leftover from making paneer (Indian cheese).

As I'd used up all the stone-ground yellow cornmeal, I decided to try Masa Harina, instead. It's Latin American corn flour that's specially meant for tortillas, pupusas, and empanadas. It worked just fine here, combined with the all-purpose flour also specified in the recipe.

Lastly, instead of 12 muffins, I just poured the batter into an 8x8 pan, for a cornbread that I cut into 12 pieces. The result was a light, somewhat sweet, cornbread, that I've been enjoying the last few days. Finally, I managed to get a good photo with my camera before it was all gone! 



No comments:

Post a Comment