Wednesday, June 14, 2017


Open-faced Paniyaram-Bhujia Sev-Harissa Sandwich

This was made with some of the leftover Paniyaram (South Indian dumplings, made of moong dal/yellow split mung beans), from a recent post. I wanted a little extra flavor, so I first spread some store-bought Harissa (Moroccan pepper sauce) on toasted bread. Next, I added some Paniyaram that I sort-of cut in half. I thought, why not some crunch, too? And so I sprinkled some bhujia sev (crispy Indian noodles made of chickpea flour) over everything. I warmed it in the microwave just a little, and there was dinner, with some yogurt (not pictured). I thought the combination might seem a little unusual, but decided to share it, anyway. Sometimes it's nice to have something a little different! 



No comments:

Post a Comment