Thursday, December 15, 2016


Potato-Zucchini Pancakes


Made from leftover zucchini, shredded for the moong dal cheela aka pesarattu of the other day, and some frozen shredded potatoes. I added an egg, some salt, some rice flour, and a little onion powder. I defrosted the potato in the microwave, and it's possible that after doing that, I didn't really need the egg to bind it. (In case anyone wants to make it for a vegan friend). Fried in a little oil in a nonstick pan. I had it with some organic whole-milk yogurt, which is creamy and can stand in for sour cream.


My grandma used to call something like this, "cold-potato pancakes," as raw potatoes are shredded (she always did it by hand!) and used. These are supposed to be best right after being made. You can also make "warm-potato pancakes," with mashed potatoes mixed with chopped and steamed veggies. Those are supposed to be better as leftovers.


No comments:

Post a Comment