Tuesday, December 20, 2016


Zucchini & Whole Green Moong Dal Fritters/Vadas


These fritters/vadas were made from leftover batter of Zucchini & Whole Green Moong Dal Cheela/Pesarattu (Indian savory griddlecakes made from soaked & ground legumes). (You can see my photo of cheelas from Dec. 11, if you like.) My friend's mom would deep-fry leftover batter, by spoonfuls, of adai (similar kind of griddlecake). This memory inspired me, although I can't eat deep-fried foods. However, I did my best to make non-deep-fried vadas, and liked the results, with rice.

If you have too many vadas to eat all at once, you can freeze them for later. You could also add them to dishes requiring koftas. Like the cheelas made from this batter, the vadas also taste meat-like. Perhaps they could be useful for people who enjoy meat but who must cut back due to health reasons?


Kanak's Kitchen Website, Lauki & Whole Green Moong Dal Cheela Recipe 


Kanak's Kitchen Facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment