Wednesday, March 8, 2017



Amiri Khaman (Savory Steamed Cake Crumble Stir-Fry)


This is from the recipe of Archana's Kitchen. I made some khaman the other night, just so I could make this the next day! It's basically leftover khaman, or you could also use dhokla, which are two kinds of steamed, savory cakes from Gujarat in India. The khaman or dhokla is crumbled and then briefly fried with onions and some seasonings. Unfortunately, I didn't have any sev, coconut, or pomegranate seeds with which to garnish it. However, I still had to stop myself from eating it all at once, it was so good.

As I was eating, it occurred to me that this could make a nice stuffing at holiday-time, to make vegan and vegetarian guests feel special. It's also gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free. I think it would be nice as a filling for stuffed vegetables. If I try that, I'll be sure to post a photo! 






No comments:

Post a Comment