Friday, March 10, 2017


Hamantashen (filled cookie-pastries) with Peach Preserves


These were made with the Easy Hamantaschen Dough recipe from Kitchen Tested. (Peach preserves were store-bought.) This recipe was so highly-recommended by Peas Love & Carrots on Instagram Stories that I had to check it out; since it was oil-based, I really wanted to try it. It was simple to mix into a dough, and the filled hamantashen didn't fall apart, open up, or ooze filling while baking. Very successful! And delicious. 


Many recipes that I’ve seen are based on butter, margarine, and/or shortening, none of which I can eat. So, I just substitute oil and adjust the amount of fat. It was nice this time to not have to adjust the recipe. In fact, it worked very well, probably because it was designed for using oil. Great recipe!







No comments:

Post a Comment