Tuesday, February 14, 2017


Dal Wali Roti/Dal Parathas 

(Indian flatbread whose dough includes leftover dal/legumes)


These are based on YouTube video from Chawla's Kitchen. In this case, the leftover dal has already been featured here on Feb 9 & 11. The #tbt Grilled Veggie Sandwich leftover filling of cannellini beans, mixed veggies, and spices, turned into the filling for the Veggie Bites (with the addition of mashed potato). And there was still more filling left. What to do with it? Add flour and turn it into Dal Wali Roti/Parathas!

I made this dough and put it in the fridge for the next day. When I went to make the roti, they were pretty good but not optimum, and I realized: next time, it would be better to take the dough from the fridge earlier, to allow it time to come to room temperature. So, I learned a valuable lesson, at the same time as I munched on paranthas for dinner!




No comments:

Post a Comment