Wednesday, February 8, 2017


Pav Bhaji Masala Dosa


This recipe is based on a Cook Like Priya recipe from last October. I remembered that I had this masala, and really wanted to make the dosas to go with it. Finally, the other day, 2 days in a row, I made them. These are nowhere near as elegant as Priya's, but they came out very crispy and tasty. As soon as I would make one, I would eat it up. I was so happy, as a) somehow the dosas ended up nice and crispy, and b) these were the first edible dosas I ever made! I couldn't believe it. 


I think part of it was, that I left the batter to ferment on the counter for almost a day (about 21 hours), until there were little bubbles and a bit of a sour smell. Not that the batter doubled in size, but it seemed to have fermented enough for what I needed. Now that I have made successful dosas once (so tasty with the pav bhaji masala), I feel encouraged to continue on, to try to eventually make dosas that look as elegant as Priya's. 


Cook Like Priya: Pav Bhaji Masala Dosa



No comments:

Post a Comment