Friday, February 17, 2017


Grape Focaccia [1]/ Schiacciata All'uva


This bread is based on the recipe at LeitesCulinaria.com from last Oct. 10. The recipe is very specific that one should only use wine-, concord, or other, similar grapes, and definitely not red grapes. Unfortunately, all I had this time were 2 lbs. of red seedless grapes, which I cannot eat raw and didn't want to waste -- so, that's what I used (for this and another focaccia). 😊 I liked this sweet focaccia, which allowed me to once again enjoy grapes. Next time, I'll have to see about using the specified grapes (if I can find seedless).

As it sounded like the bread does not stay for very long, I wrapped up individual pieces and stashed them in the freezer for later. There's a variation of the recipe given, for blueberry focaccia. The recipe says that this is useful if the grapes you need are unavailable or out-of-season, and will resemble the original well enough. I would like to try that some time; it sounds quite yummy.




No comments:

Post a Comment